Successful final in Doha: FIFA Fan Festival™ 2022 ends with almost 2 million visitors
On 18 December, not only did the grand World Cup final take place in Doha, but the successful FIFA Fan Festival also closed its doors. Many years of conception and preparation and work-intensive weeks of implementation on site have more than paid off: since the opening on 19 November, the 145,000-square-metre venue has been visited daily by an average of 70,000 fans from all over the world, who have taken advantage of the wide-ranging offer. All matches of the 2022 FIFA World Cup have been shown on the 1,800 square metre giant screen, 162 hours of music have been provided by almost 146 international music artists, including stars like Calvin Harris, Paul van Dyke, Diplo, Malume, Kizz Daniel, Nora Fatehi and Trinidad Cardona.
Gerdine Lindhout, FIFA Head of Experiential Marketing & Promotion, concluded: “The FIFA Fan Festival has proven to be the soul of the tournament, bringing together millions of fans from every corner of the globe to share and express their passion for the beautiful game. It has been the perfect party to complement the greatest show on Earth: the FIFA World Cup!”
We would like to thank our entire team and all our partners for the successful realisation of the event, which was only possible thanks to the tireless efforts of all our staff! Special thanks to Gerdine Lindhout and Boris Mallaschofsky (FIFA Senior Experiential Marketing Manager) and their team for the excellent cooperation!
For more information about the FIFA Fan Festival, please see the FIFA press release.
Image © Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
- Already one million visitors at the FIFA Fan Festival™at Al Bidda Park in Doha
On 2 December, the FIFA Fan Festival™ already attracted one million visitors in its first…
- Glamorous opening: On Saturday evening, the FIFA Fan Festival™ opened its doors and welcomed fans from all over the world!
On Saturday evening, the gates to the FIFA Fan Festival™ opened at Al Bidda Park…
- Second Licensed Partner of the International FIFA Fan Festival™ announced: Coca-Cola brings the event to Riyadh
Coca-Cola will host an International FIFA Fan Festival in Riyadh. This makes the capital of…
- International FIFA Fan Festival™: FIFA is partnering up with AB InBev to bring the event to 6 major cities worldwide
The FIFA Fan Festival goes global! If not all fans can come to the FIFA…
- Premiere of the reimagined FIFA Fan Festival™ in Qatar 2022 - FIFA presents the fan experience event of the future
Just a few weeks are left until the start of the FIFA World Cup Qatar…